Full Name: Jane Colburn Levy
Date of Birth: December 29, 1989
Jane Levy grew up in Northern California. Though the acting bug bit her early on (she starred in community theater productions of Annie and The Wizard of Oz) in high school, she was the captain of the varsity soccer team and on the hip hop dance team. She also excelled in chemistry.
After a semester in the liberal arts program at Baltimore’s Goucher College, Levy moved to New York to pursue acting at the Stella Adler Conservatory. Two years later she moved to Los Angeles, and in a few weeks booked a five-episode arc as a trampy teen vixen in the John Wells Showtime series, Shameless (with William H. Macy). A round of general meetings with film and television executives led to her being cast as the lead in Suburgatory.
Levy also recently appeared in her first feature, Nobody Walks, written and directed by the team behind Tiny Future, and she is currently shooting Josh Schwartz’s debut feature film, Fun Size, with Victoria Justice and Chelsea Handler.
Levy lives in Los Angeles and enjoys cooking.
Jane Levy Fast Facts:
- Grew up in Northern California.
- Starred in community theater productions of The Wizard of Oz and Annie while in high school.
- Also in high school, she was the captain of the soccer team and performed with the hip-hop dance team.
- Appeared on the Showtime series Shameless as Mandy Milkovich.
- College: Attended Goucher College, Baltimore, MD; attended Stella Adler Conservatory, New York, NY